Do you want to save money by finding the cheapest Pontiac GTO insurance in Durham? Buying the lowest cost Durham Pontiac GTO insurance quotes on the internet might seem somewhat intimidating for vehicle owners who are beginners to quoting and buying their car insurance over the internet. With so many insurance agents and online companies, how are vehicle owners able to have a chance to compare every company to locate the lowest price available?
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around once a year are likely to move their business because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who shopped around every year saved as much as $70 a month compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Durham is your ultimate target, then having a grasp of how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can save time and money.
It’s a great practice to check car insurance prices once or twice a year because insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the lowest rates on Pontiac GTO insurance in Durham a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding GTO insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn a lot of great tips on how to stop overpaying for insurance in Durham.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Pontiac GTO insurance in Durham is to know the trick car insurance companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like which vehicles you own, distance driven, your credit rating estimate, and how old drivers are. That rating information is instantly provided to many of the top insurers and you should receive rate quotes instantly.
To find the cheapest Pontiac GTO insurance rates, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Durham, NC. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Durham, NC, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some providers don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Durham auto insurance online.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some car insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable driving data submission to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because it requires personal responsibility.
- Student in College – Children living away from Durham attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, student away at school, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, military active duty, emergency military deployment, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Allstate may offer discounts for premier discount, auto/life discount, teenSMART discount, early signing, FullPay discount, and good student.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for homeowner, teen safe driver, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, drive less, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for renewal discount, good student, 55 and retired, safe driver, driver training, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, and good student.
- AAA discounts include good student, good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, and multi-car.
Check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not be offered everywhere. To find companies that offer many of these discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is mandatory in North Carolina but it also protects more than you think.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your GTO has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and also buy local. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Durham.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Durham who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Durham agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to check rates from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Durham that may be able to give free price quotes.
- The Sorgi Insurance Agency
16 Consultant Pl Suite 102 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 682-4814 – View Map
- Joshua E. Matthews Insurance Agency, Inc.
2144 Page Rd Suite 106 – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 598-6800 – View Map
- George Stevens Insurance Inc
1320 Hill St – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 403-3611 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents work for only one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Durham who can help you get price quotes.
- Debbie Leonard – State Farm Insurance Agent
3702 Hillsborough Rd #2b – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 383-3887 – View Map
- Jeff Stephenson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8200 Renaissance Pkwy #1004 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 572-1702 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance Marsh Dawson Agency
821 Hanson Rd – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 806-5109 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Durham?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Durham?
- Which family members are covered?
- If they are an independent agency in Durham, which companies do they recommend?
Once you have good feedback to any questions you have and cheap GTO insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind consumers can terminate your policy for any reason so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for a certain time period.