Cutting costs on Ford Flex insurance in Durham can be hard for drivers new to online insurance quotes. There are so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a difficult challenge to find cheaper Ford Flex insurance rates.
Shocking but true, most auto insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. North Carolina insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it’s difficult to do a rate comparison.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using this strategy. This article will instruct you on the best ways to compare prices and some tips to save money. Although North Carolina drivers do need to understand how the larger insurance companies determine prices and use it to your advantage.
Just remember that having more price comparisons will enable you to find the best price.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in North Carolina. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The coverage information displayed below highlights estimates of policy rates for Ford Flex models. Learning how insurance prices are formulated is important for drivers to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Flex SE 2WD||$174||$300||$302||$18||$90||$884||$74|
|Flex SEL 2WD||$174||$354||$302||$18||$90||$938||$78|
|Flex SEL AWD||$192||$354||$302||$18||$90||$956||$80|
|Flex Limited 2WD||$192||$354||$302||$18||$90||$956||$80|
|Flex Limited AWD||$192||$354||$302||$18||$90||$956||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Durham which can modify premiums significantly.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can drive up Ford Flex insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford Flex premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford Flex car insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The rates are based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no set guideline of when to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Ford Flex settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Get cheaper Ford Flex insurance rates in Durham
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Durham could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Student in College – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Durham and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current Flex insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below shows the difference between Ford Flex auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, federal employee, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, good student, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, anti-theft, drive less, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts including driver training, defensive driver, air bags, theft prevention, and early bird.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
If you are trying to find affordable Ford Flex insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Durham, click here.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is mandatory in North Carolina but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford Flex, most banks will force you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Ford. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Local Durham insurance agencies and car insurance
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Durham.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Durham that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Durham for you
If you are searching for a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Durham can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Most also have access to small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Durham that may be able to give price quotes.
- Reliable Insurance Agency of North Carolina Inc.
3325 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd #200 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 864-9048 – View Map
- Superior Insurance of Durham
3825 S Roxboro St #118 – Durham, NC 27713 – (919) 224-8034 – View Map
- Insurance Pros: Paradis James
3200 Croasdaile Dr # 603 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 294-6613 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Durham that can give you price quotes.
- NC Farm Bureau Insurance
2902 S Miami Blvd Ste A – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 544-4953 – View Map
- Ken Carver – State Farm Insurance Agent
2905 Guess Rd #2 – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 471-0011 – View Map
- Chuck Barham State Farm®
3823 Guess Rd – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 477-7300 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Durham, get answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?