It takes a little time, but the best way to find more affordable Kia Spectra insurance in Durham is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who can sell car insurance in North Carolina. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
First, spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for tips to help reduce premium rates and find additional discounts.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. Compare rates
Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, put the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop around for cheaper rates are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower rate. A recent auto insurance study revealed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in Durham is the reason for your visit, then having a good understanding how to find and compare car insurance can save time and money.
Many insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive allow consumers to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Comparing prices online for Kia Spectra insurance in Durham doesn’t take much effort as you just type in your coverage information into the quote form. Upon sending the form, their rating system gets your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on many factors. Quoting online for Kia Spectra insurance in Durham makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to get a lower rate.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This ensures you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Durham, NC. If you want cheap car insurance in NC, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Affordable Kia Spectra insurance quotes in Durham
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Kia Spectra insurance rates in Durham.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will positively reduce the premium cost.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new graduate, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, good student, and newly married.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, good student, driver’s education, passive restraint, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for paid in full, anti-lock brakes, mature driver, air bags, student away at school, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, good student, anti-theft, daytime running lights, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, accident prevention training, and drive less.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To find insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in North Carolina, follow this link.
Seven Tips to Get Lower-cost Durham Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower rates.
- Coverage deductibles are a factor – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims are running into the backend of another car, flood damage, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- High credit saves on auto insurance – An insured’s credit history is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Kia Spectra by improving your rating. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with worse credit.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- Teenage vs. experienced drivers – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit. Teenage drivers tend to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Less chance of injury means lower rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If the Kia Spectra has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- No policy lapses lowers rates – Going without insurance will be a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Rates can be impacted by your job – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like military personnel, police officers, and medical professionals generally pay higher average rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, careers such as professors, students and retirees receive lower rates.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Durham.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Durham who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Kia Spectra?
- Does my Kia Spectra qualify for pleasure use?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Cheaper auto insurance is out there
As you quote Durham car insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
You just read many tips how you can get a better price on Kia Spectra insurance in Durham. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More detailed auto insurance information is available at these sites:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Durham Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Durham Car Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Durham Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Nurses in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Durham Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)