The recommended way to find cheaper quotes for Volvo S60 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Durham.
First, learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like your driving record and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s hard to believe, but a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Durham drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates online.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want a better rate, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. These tips will instruct you on the best way to quote coverages and some money-saving tips. Drivers just have to learn the proper methods to compare different rates online.
What Impacts Volvo S60 Insurance Premiums?
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The items below are some of the most common factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Big cities mean more claims – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Spending more time driving means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Higher coverage deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Volvo. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, hail damage, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the North Carolina department of motor vehicles.
- Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Prices and vocation – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as fire fighters, social workers, and stock brokers have higher rates than average due to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs like actors, students and homemakers pay the least.
- Deter car thieves – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Most insurers afford better rates to clients who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Loss statistics for a Volvo S60 – Insurance companies use past insurance losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates.
The next table illustrates the loss history for Volvo S60 vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Volvo S60 Models Specific Volvo Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S60 4dr 2WD 103 85 83 76 72 65 Volvo S60 4dr 4WD 111 73 90 65 66BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to lower your Volvo S60 insurance cost in Durham, NC
All the larger car insurance companies make it easy to get pricing from their websites. Comparing prices online for Volvo S60 insurance in Durham is quite easy as you just enter the amount of coverage you want into a form. Behind the scenes, the system sends out for your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on the data you entered.
The ability to get online quotes for Volvo S60 insurance in Durham helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for a lower rate.
If you want to find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This way, you will have a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Durham, NC. To get cheap auto insurance in North Carolina, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Durham, auto insurance is required in North Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your S60, most lenders will force you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Volvo but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in North Carolina is wasting up to $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Score discounts on Durham car insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization can get you a small discount when getting a Durham car insurance quote.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for early shopping, pay in full, mature driver, teen driver, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, and switch companies.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, safe driver, driver training, renewal discount, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, multiple autos, good driver, anti-theft, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, daytime running lights, multi-policy, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, teen safety rewards, safe driver, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and bundle discounts.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for newly retired, new vehicle discount, multi-car, new graduate, safety features, new move discount, and teen driver discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Durham. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in North Carolina, click here to view.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Some people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Durham?
The following are agents in Durham willing to provide price quotes for Volvo S60 insurance in Durham.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Reginald Wright
2310 S Miami Blvd Ste 131 – Durham, NC 27703 – (919) 484-2493 – View Map
- James Zewe – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Westgate Dr Ste 901 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 489-0804 – View Map
- Protective Agency
4215 University Dr #1 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 416-4900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Michael D. Maffeo
2705 N Duke St Ste 203 – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 479-5085 – View Map
Which auto insurance company is best in North Carolina?
Choosing the highest-rated insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in North Carolina. The rank data below can help you decide which companies to look at buying from.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What is glass protection for?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Volvo S60?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
One last thing to lower rates
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When getting Durham car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Volvo S60 insurance in Durham. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with the least-expected company.
Much more information about car insurance in North Carolina is available at the links below
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for First-time Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata in Durham? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much are Durham Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Durham? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)