Trying to find better insurance prices for an Audi RS7 in North Carolina can normally be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for a Audi and obtain the best price possible either online or from Durham insurance agents.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Durham, NC. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Durham, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurance providers don't always list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Good Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Paper-free Discount - Many larger companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Memberships - Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance.
- Driver Safety - Taking time to complete a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky.
Companies that may include some of the discounts shown above include:
If you are trying to find low cost Durham auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in North Carolina, click this link.
Here's why car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Durham, paying for car insurance is required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Audi RS7 with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Audi for a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Audi gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Durham auto insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent's advice and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is still important in Durham.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Durham who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You won't need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to use local Durham agents, you should know the types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's worth learning the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, you should always include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Durham who may provide comparison quotes.
- The Sorgi Insurance Agency
16 Consultant Pl Suite 102 - Durham, NC 27707 - (919) 682-4814 - View Map
- Hix Insurance Center
1533 Glenn School Road, Building C Unit A-14 - Durham, NC 27704 - (919) 220-3031 - View Map
- The Insurance Pros, Inc.
1210 Cole Mill Rd Suite 101 - Durham, NC 27705 - (919) 294-6613 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Durham willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Ava Brownlee
14 Consultant Pl Ste 150 - Durham, NC 27707 - (919) 490-6667 - View Map
- James Zewe - State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Westgate Dr Ste 901 - Durham, NC 27707 - (919) 489-0804 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Caufield Agency
4845 Industry Ln Ste D - Durham, NC 27713 - (919) 493-7471 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?