The easiest way to get affordable Scion xB insurance in Durham is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in North Carolina.
- Step 1: Learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides additional tips to get lower rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Shocking but true, the vast majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Durham drivers could save themselves about $90 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Durham is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Although North Carolina car owners benefit from understanding how companies determine premium rates and use this information to your advantage.
Most companies allow consumers to get prices on their websites. Getting online quotes for Scion xB insurance in Durham is pretty easy as all you need to do is type in your required coverages into the form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system automatically orders your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on the information you submitted. Using the web to get rate quotes for Scion xB insurance in Durham makes it simple to compare prices and it’s necessary to perform this step in order to find the lowest possible payments on car insurance.
In order to compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will get an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Durham, NC. To locate the best car insurance in Durham, we recommend you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Get cheaper Scion xB insurance rates in Durham
Some providers don’t always advertise every possible discount very clearly, so below is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Durham auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- E-sign Discounts – Many larger companies will give a small break simply for signing on the internet.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Scion xB insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in North Carolina, click here.
Insurance analysis for a Scion xB
The coverage information shown below outlines different insurance rates for Scion xB models. Having knowledge of how policy premiums are established can aid in making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage prices considerably.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The example below shows the comparison of Scion xB insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no exact rule to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Scion xB settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Best car insurance in North Carolina
Choosing the best insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in North Carolina. The information listed below can help you select which coverage providers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Get Scion xB Insurance More Affordably
Multiple criteria are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but some are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher insurance rates – Not having insurance can get you a ticket and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may result in fines and jail time. You may need to file a SR-22 with the North Carolina motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Which gender costs less? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Scion xB insurance prices for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Choose high NHTSA crash test ratings and save – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Scion xB is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Youthful drivers cost more – Teen drivers in North Carolina tend to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Annual mileage impacts costs – The more miles you rack up on your Scion in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. A policy that improperly rates your xB may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating correctly shows the correct usage.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are many extra coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Get better rates if married – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your insurance bill. It means you’re more stable financially and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Claims statistics for a Scion xB – Insurance companies use statistical claims data to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the loss history for Scion xB vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Scion xB Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Scion xB 86 92 89 148 127 116BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years