Do you need a better way to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in Durham, NC? Durham consumers have many options when looking for low-cost Subaru WRX insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to compare rates on a Subaru and obtain the lowest price from Durham insurance agents and online providers.
These techniques will instruct you on the most effective ways to compare rates and how to save the most money. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Drivers just have to use the proper methods to shop from many different companies online.
Compare quotes for Durham Subaru WRX insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in North Carolina. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in North Carolina, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in North Carolina but it also protects you in many ways.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In North Carolina these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Subaru WRX, most lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Subaru at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance preserves not only your Subaru WRX but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Incidental coverages you don’t need – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem good at first, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- When should you file insurance claims? – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in North Carolina generally give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Get cheaper costs after the wedding – Being married helps lower the price compared to being single. It usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If your Subaru scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Get a ticket, pay higher costs – Having just one driving citation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with multiple tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Gender impacts prices – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Females and males are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Subaru WRX historical loss data – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the loss history for Subaru WRX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Subaru WRX Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru WRX 4WD 141 82 158 94 81 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance can be complex
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Should I rate my Subaru WRX as pleasure use or commute?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Subaru WRX to commute?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rates regularly to save
Discount Subaru WRX insurance in Durham can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to buy discount Subaru WRX insurance in Durham
It takes a little time, but the best way to find lower priced Subaru WRX insurance in Durham is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in North Carolina. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on WRX insurance. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Make sure you safely store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One tip to remember is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Durham Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much are Durham Car Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Durham? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)