It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around once a year will most likely buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding better rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who routinely compared quotes saved $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on insurance is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the process.
The easiest way to find more affordable car insurance rates in Durham is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in North Carolina.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to get cheaper rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Durham. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
This information will familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and some money-saving tips. If you are insured now, you will be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. But North Carolina vehicle owners must comprehend the way insurance companies charge you for coverage and use it to find better rates.
Low Cost companies for Volkswagen CC insurance in North Carolina
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Durham, NC. If you want to find the best auto insurance in NC, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
The price information below outlines a range of insurance policy prices for Volkswagen CC models. Knowing how car insurance premiums are determined is important for drivers to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CC Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$268||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,284||$107|
|CC Luxury 4-Dr Coupe||$268||$560||$336||$20||$100||$1,284||$107|
|CC VR6 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$300||$646||$336||$20||$100||$1,402||$117|
|CC VR6 Motion 4-Dr Coupe||$300||$646||$336||$20||$100||$1,402||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and North Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific location which can revise auto insurance rates considerably.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Volkswagen CC yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Volkswagen CC liability-only versus full coverage
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen CC premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive formula of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen CC book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Get affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some insurers don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your bill.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive lower premium rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total CC insurance premium.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volkswagen CC insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, North Carolina state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- American Family has discounts for good driver, mySafetyValet, accident-free, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, good student, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- 21st Century discounts include student driver, 55 and older, good student, teen driver, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for driver training, good student, continuous insurance, early quote, home ownership, student away at school, and IntelliDrive.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, military active duty, and anti-theft.
If you want the cheapest Volkswagen CC rate quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Durham.
Car insurance quotes from neighborhood Durham auto insurance agents
Many people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move A good thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Durham.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Durham that give free quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The following is a short list of insurers in Durham that may be willing to give price quote information for Volkswagen CC insurance in Durham.
- John Moore – State Farm Insurance Agent
1107 W Main St #201 – Durham, NC 27701 – (919) 598-7900 – View Map
- Around The Corner Insurance Agency, Inc.
1431 Broad St – Durham, NC 27705 – (919) 286-9500 – View Map
- Tyson Insurance
3814 N Duke St # A – Durham, NC 27704 – (919) 471-8222 – View Map
- Bowen Agency, Inc.
4905 Pine Cone Dr Suite 5 – Durham, NC 27707 – (919) 929-4222 – View Map
Selecting an insurer should include more criteria than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in North Carolina?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Best auto insurance in Durham
Finding the highest-rated insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Durham. The ranking information shown below can help you analyze which car insurance providers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Durham Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
Shop smart and save
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Volkswagen CC insurance car insurance rates in Durham. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional information is located below:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Durham? (FAQ)
- How Much are Durham Auto Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Durham? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Durham Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)